GART130 sci-fi crate


This is a crate from one of my assignments where I was tasked to experiment in substance painter with various textures and materials. I firstly started by experimenting with the crate texture and giving it a PVC look as it is meant to be sci-fi based. 
after trying out that texture I then decided that it could look better if I used a brushed metal effect, when doing so I also wanted to add some illumination to the corners where the crate had grooves.

 this worked out just as I had wanted it to and from there on I played around with alphas, for instance, the patterns on the sides of the crate.

once I had added what I felt suited the sci-fi looking crate I then decided that it shouldn't look too tidy as it could be in  a sandy muddy environment, this is where I decided to add some muddy patches but instead of the usual brown mud color I made them a sandy color as I could imagine the crate I had designed being in that kind of environment. 













Comments

Popular Posts