GART160 DIAGON ALLEY: shop



This is the shop that I modelled for Diagon alley, here I have kept the textures on the shop as it gives a better understanding of what it would look like in real life. Some of the elements to the shop are modelled separately and were put together when I decided to texture it. The bricks on the edge of the shop were modelled and then duplicated, once I had duplicated them, I then decided to make a row of them and duplicate again so they fit all around the shop.
When I started to model the windows it turned out easier to do the frames for them and then put the glass texture on afterwards, at points it became tricky as often not all the windows would line up as they should but eventually, this was a problem that I was able to overcome.
The texture that I got for the windows was off substance share but instead of being patterned it was a plain glass sheet, once I put this into substance it became clear that I would have to mess around with the opacity of the glass to try and get it looking like glass as best as I could.
The chimney and the bottom bay window consist of the same texture as I felt if I had too many textures on the shop it would start to look messy and out of place, this is the same for the step texture and the top windows.
If I had more time to improve my Diagon alley shop then I would decide to experiment with the textures more, this way I feel I would be able to get the brick texture looking improved as I had difficulty trying to get the texture colours to sit well in the Diagon alley scene



Overall in Environment Art I feel I have picked up skills that I didn’t have when I started, I am able to model and texture 3d objects that I can put into specific scenes, I have also learnt about polygon count, how to work certain tools in Maya, including the UV layout. Since the start of the course to now I have much more confidence in that I can model assets and objects that could be used in games and concept pieces.
There are certain areas where I feel I could still learn many more things, although I know that this will be explored as I am tasked to model many more elements and objects, for now I feel that I have done the best I can given the skill I have got and that I will still learn more on the way.

Comments

Popular Posts