GART160 DIAGON ALLEY: shop sign


This is the final asset that I modelled for my shop, before modelling the sign for my shop I had to come up with a name for it, the name that I came up with for my shop is based on the street name it would be on and cauldron is a word that is related to witches, potions etc.
I started by researching shop signs by the dozen, eventually I did find a few that I liked the look of, but I still wanted my shop sign to be unique.  When modelling the sign, I had a few problems such as trying to get the circles looking the right size and in line with one another, also the chains holding up the sign were slightly fiddly. After modelling my shop sign, I decided that the mainframe for it would be made from dark blue steel and that the writing would not be to fancy.
If I was able to improve the sign, I would have experimented more with brushing detail onto the steel texture, making it look well worn and a busy shop. 










Comments

Popular Posts