GART160 DIAGON ALLEY: lamp post



This is my the third asset, once I looked back at what I had already modelled for my shop I then realised that it would look better if I had an asset outside before I was able to decide what I wanted to have outside I did some research on what I could have, originally I was going to go for a manhole cover or something more simple but eventually decided on a lamp post.
When I decided the asset I was going to model I then started researching into Victorian lamp posts, this is because the scene was likely to be set in Victorian time, once I had modelled the Victorian lamp post I then took it into substance painter and experimented with textures. The first thing I decided was that the post would be made from steel like texture 
When I had the post and outer shell textured I then had to think about how I would get the box of the lamp to look like glass, after some researching I came across a page for substance painter, on there people are able to share textures they have made or found online. On substance share, I was able to find a glass like texture, there was a few options and patterns but the one I chose sat most well in my scene 






Comments

Popular Posts